We want to thank all pediatricians, pediatric subspecialists, surgeons, nurses and health care professionals in general for continuing to stay in the front lines during this pandemic. In this page you will find links to National AAP recommendations, COVID-19 websites of local and neighboring health departments, CDC, WHO, and the Johns Hopkins global dashboard.
HIPPO Education has created specific content available at no cost to all providers, including Mechanical Ventilation Basics, PPE and Specimen Collection (available in text, audio and video formats).
Thank you again for all that you do on behalf of children.
National AAP Resources
- AAP Guidance: Telehealth Payer Policy in Response to COVID-19, which outlines policy changes aiming to alleviate barriers to telehealth care. We also offer a webinar on telehealth and guidance on structuring your practice during the pandemic.
- The CDC has updated the priorities for testing patients with suspected COVID-19 infection. This guidance prioritizes health care professionals and first responders to receive testing. It also recommends more aggressive testing (even for milder cases) in communities where there are more COVID-19 hospitalizations.
- AAP recommends pediatricians continue to see newborns, infants and younger children who need immunizations. However, we further recommend deferring all well child visits over 18 months because boosters due at 4 years old can be given within the 4 – 6 yo time frame. See the AAP Guidance on well-child visits
- The CDC offers recommendations on maintaining children’s immunizations and well-child visits during the pandemic.
- HealthyChildren.org has new articles with advice on formula shortages and information for families of children with special health care needs.
Telehealth Billing Codes
Para Padres y Madres de Familia
If your child is sick, keep your child home
Si sus pequeños estan enfermos, manténgalos en casa
From Ventura County, watch Dr. Chris Landon explain the current situation as the rise in COVID-19 cases would exceed the number of ventilators in Ventura. “Please stay home… but don’t congregate together”.
En Español: El Dr. Ilan Shapiro (Pediatra) explica la situacion actual y provee recomendaciones para padres y madres de familia. Cuídense y quédense en casa. Visiten la página de la Academia Americana de Pediatría
Public Health Departments
CA Department of Public Health
Los Angeles Department of Public Health:
- For Providers, http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/
- For the public, http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
Consumer and Business Affairs: https://dcba.lacounty.gov/coronavirus/
San Luis Obispo: https://www.emergencyslo.org/en/covid19.aspx
Santa Barbara: https://publichealthsbc.org/
San Bernardino: http://wp.sbcounty.gov/dph/coronavirus/
San Diego: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus/
COVID-19 Global Impact
Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering Dashboard
Developed to provide researchers, public health authorities, and the general public with a user-friendly tool to track the outbreak as it unfolds.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)