AAP Committees and AMA Delegates
AAP National Committees - 2023 Member Appointments
The AAP Board of Directors is soliciting nominations to fill member vacancies in the following AAP National Committees for terms beginning July 1, 2023:
- Committee on Continuing Medical Education
- Committee on Development
- Committee on Drugs
- Committee on Hospital Care
- Committee on Infectious Diseases
- Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management
- Committee on Nutrition
- Committee on Pediatric Research
- Committee on Pediatric Workforce
- Committee on Practice & Ambulatory Medicine
- Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health
- Committee on State Government Affairs
- Committee on Substance Use and Prevention
- Council on Children and Disasters
- Council on Immigrant Child and Family Health
You can find the requirements, the statements of needs for each position, and the application materials on AAP.org. To be considered complete, an application must include a (1) factsheet, (2) biographical summary, (3) letter of nomination, and (4) letter of support. Once submitted, candidates will receive a request to complete their Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Completion of this disclosure will finalize the application process.
As part of the AAP Equity Agenda, the Board of Directors is committed to increasing the percentage of members from groups underrepresented in medicine that are serving in Academy leadership positions. Diverse candidates in terms of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin are encouraged to apply. To ensure a diverse pool of applications, the call for nominations will be widely distributed.
The deadline for nominations is February 17, 2023. Nominees must submit the completed application package to their Chapter President and the AAP Nominations Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). The AAP Board of Directors will meet in May 2023 to review nominations and make final appointments.
Thank you for your review and contribution to the nominations process of AAP National Committees for the 2023 term. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
AAP AMA Delegates 2023
- Member of the AAP.
- Member of the AMA.
- Practicing pediatrician or academician.
- Involvement in AAP chapters, national committees, councils, or sections
- Involvement in AMA and State medical society activities.
- Excellent communication skills and public speaking skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build consensus with issues.
- Knowledge and familiarity with AAP policies, technical/clinical reports, and manuals.
- Ability to respond to issues and requests promptly.
- Ability to represent the Academy at two in-person AMA meetings per year.
- Understanding of the child health care and medical education systems, and of the influences of social, economic, political, and cultural issues on the health and health care of children, youth and families.