Infection control saves lives, and frontline healthcare workers play a critical role. Project Firstline provides innovative and accessible infection control education for all frontline healthcare workers– so they can protect their patients, their coworkers and themselves from infectious disease threats in health care. As a collaborative, Project Firstline brings together more than 75 healthcare, academic, and public health partners to reach a wide range of healthcare audiences and settings across the country.
The AAP-CA2 and Project Firstline offer educational resources in a variety of formats to meet the diverse learning needs and preferences of the healthcare workforce. Resources are designed to empower and enable healthcare workers to think critically about infection control, using adult learning principles, educational best practices, CDC recommendations, and the science that informs them.
Check out the official Project Firstline CDC Webpage: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/projectfirstline/about.html
CHECK OUT PROJECT FIRSTLINE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! #WeAreFirstline
AAP-CA2 Project Firstline Leadership
Ken Zangwill, MD, FAAP – IPC Ambassador
- Professor of Pediatrics at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Chief of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases/Director, Infection Prevention Control and Prevention at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Past Project Firstline Events
Infection Prevention & Control Webinar – May 4th, 2023
Presenter: Allison Messina, MD, FAAP
Host: Kenneth Zangwill, MD, FAAP
- To discuss how pediatric providers may assist schools and daycares on infection prevention needs
- To consider how pediatricians may help schools and daycares work with parents on IPC issues
- To appreciate how pediatric providers assisted with COVID issues